Monday, April 16, 2012

Last Clinic Day

My last clinic day didn't really feel like my last clinic day.  I may end up showing up to clinic next Thursday out of habit.  My last clinic day went wonderfully.  It was the perfect way to end the semester.  I saw two kids in the morning which meant that I finished all my requirements.  Yay!  I'm pretty sure that miracles happened for everyone the last few weeks so that everyone could get done. 

Both of the children that I saw were 3.  I was worried about how they would feel about going to "the dentist," but they both did a great job.  Each of them let me look in their mouth and feel each tooth with the explorer.  I also brushed their teeth and discussed OH with their moms.  I was really impressed with both of the mom's who brought their kids to see me.  The first mom told me, as we were walking back to my chair, that she and her son practiced the night before about what it would be like to go to the dentist so that he was prepared to sit in the chair and open his mouth.  During his appointment his mom said things like, "Isn't this so much fun?"  and "Look at your cool purple bib that matches her coat."  Listening to her say positive comments to her son made him smile and he had a great time.  It really showed me how important it is for parents to prepare their kids so that when their kids go to the dentist it can be fun and not scary.

My second child's mom impressed me with her knowledge of how sugar affects her children's teeth.  She said that her two kids are only allowed to walk around with water in their bottles/sippy cups.  They only drink juice on rare occassions and they get to drink milk with meals.  I love seeing parents who are educated so their children can be healthy.

I had a great afternoon as well.  I saw a 1B and after his appointment Amy asked if I wanted to see a walk-in patient.  I said sure, cleaned up my room, and saw the lady.  She was a V.  I had her walked up to the front desk by 2:45.  I decided that I think I will be able to make it in private practice now.

1 comment:

  1. Teeth Are the most important part of our human body and they have a full impact on human haealth and personality. I am glad that i have found your blog as it has provided main great knowledge about zahnarzt implantate berlin. I have bookmarked your page for further updates. Thumbs up for the good posts.

    ReplyDelete