Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of Dental Hygiene

I can't believe school has already started!  The summer went by way too fast.  Today is the first day of school, but being in clinic has not felt like the first day of school since we have been actively doing things instead of sitting in a classroom.  I think tomorrow will feel more like the first day of school.  I really enjoy being in the clinic because it makes me realize that I am finally in my program that I have worked so hard to get into.  We got to organize all of our (expensive) instruments into our own little areas, called pods.  We got to turn on the switches and practice using the equipment, which was fun.  Marian and MeChel were especially entertaining when Marian decided to practice on MeChel.  I love the other 3 girls in my pod.  I definitely think this semester will be a lot of fun with them.  We got to go on a scavenger hunt as well to learn where things are.  We learned a program called Eaglesoft today.  It is fairly simple and easy to use.  Learning to use the program will be the first subject we have to pass off.  In order to learn a little bit more about each other we did the usual sharing of the names, where we live, and who our family is.  Then our instructor decided that in order to get to know each other better we had to tell our first kiss story and an embarassing moment.  We all laughed.  It was so much fun.  I really like our instructors too.  I really think this semester is going to be a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment