Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Typodant Day

We actually got to start using the tools today!  I didn't realize that my third day of class we'd already be practicing with the instruments.  I got to practice on my fake mouth with the lips, which my husband thinks is really creepy.  I had a really fun time learning how to hold and use the tools.  However, it took me a little while to realize that my syringe was not in tight enough at first and I was dripping water down my leg and onto the floor.  Ha ha.  One I got the problem resolved I had a much better experience.  MeChel named her typodant and I'm thinking that I should do the same.  Giving it a name makes it seem more like a real person I guess and maybe I will try to treat it more like a real person than a big piece of plastic.  We also learned how to do charting (I had no idea there was so much information that was put into dental charts).  Our yellow "cheat sheets" make the charting process simple though.  Thankfully, the room is cooler today and I don't feel like I'm dying of heat in my lab coat.  I also passed off my Eaglesoft PE today, which I was not expecting to do.  I think being able to sleep on the information and destressing about the first day of school for a couple days helped.  Kim, the TA, that helped us today was so nice.  I'm glad she came to our pod.  She helped me feel more confident about what I was doing.  Today was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment