Thursday, March 8, 2012

No Patients and Yet Productive

So, yesterday I called people, but no one could come in... no one!  I felt pretty depressed when I went to bed last night about the situation, but when I woke up I decided I would make today a productive day.  The best about my decision was that it actually happened.  I passed off my air/powder polish PE on Stefanie (major thanks to her!) and did a sealant on her.  Krisite was also kind enough to share her patient with me so that I could do sealants on him and pass off my Sealant PE on him.  Then Karlie did 2 sealants on me.  I love having my sealants done.  Karlie was also kind enough to scale around my lower anteriors too.  She did an awesome job.  I also got my board stuff together.  I used to be able to talk about boards like they were a few years away, but now I have to get in the mindset that they are NEXT week.  A week from today I will be doing my LA clinical and then my patient clinical the next day.  It was also fun to talk to everyone else who didn't have patients, which was about half the clinic.  I'm glad that the morning worked out so well.

Sam was kind enough to let me see the father of the two kids that she was seeing.  Kristie ended up seeing the mom.  I was definitely blessed today since everything worked out so well.  My patient was a class V and  a nice guy.  I was able to get his HH, OD, and scale in an hour.  I just have to do x-rays on him and then we will be done.  (He had to go pick up his other child for Sam to clean.)  I am so glad I have such great friends in the program who look out for me. 

FYI - I finally made up my half of a clinic day from the first of the semester on Tuesday.  My patient was a 1B.  The exciting part of the day was being able to give Karlie N.'s patient 3 injections (thanks Karlie!).  I was so glad that I got to practice before next week, especially on her patient because her patient didn't have the best landmarks.  I feel pretty confident about giving injections. 

No comments:

Post a Comment