Thursday, March 1, 2012

Running Out of Titles

Now that we are on the down hill slope of the semester I am having a hard time coming up with creative titles for my blog (obviously).  Let's start with the VA on Tuesday.  I got a total of 4 quads between my two patients for the day.  At least one of those quads was a class 3 and I passed off two PEs.  I feel a sense of urgency all of a sudden to pass off as many PEs as fast as I possibly can.  My morning patient was such a nice guy.  He said yes mam or no mam to everything I asked him.  My afternoon patient only had a few lower teeth.  He is in the process of getting a full upper denture and a partial for the lower.  I was able to pass off my Desenitizing PE and Oraqix on him because of a tooth that was sensitive.  It was awesome to be able to get both of those done.  I am surprised with how well that Colgate desensitizing paste works.  After I polished it on he said that he was not sensitive anymore.  I now like and plan on using that paste more.  Both of my patients also made a comment about "this is where all the pretty ladies are" when they came back to the chair.  That has nothing to do with learning, but it's something that I want to remember.  Ha ha.
Now for clinic, which I am still presently in (I finished my patient a while ago and am now searching for things to do to keep me busy).  I saw my board patient this morning and I cleaned her upper left quad.  I couldn't do anything else because I'm saving the UR and LR for boards.  There was a piece of calculus that I could not get off, but thankfully Alexander was kind enough to come help me.  We had to throw everything we had at it.  After having difficulty with that spot it made me nervous about how board day is going to go.  I plan on using all of the strategies that Alexander has shown me so that I can do well on it.  One of the best tips that I learned from Alexander was a good horizontal stroke.  Actually, it's not just a horizontal stroke.  It's a horizontal stroke with a twist, literally.  Alexander will do a horizontal stroke and follow the tooth around the line angle as she does the stroke.  I love learning new tips like that one that will help me be successful.  Well, now that I have blogged I guess I better go find something else to do.  Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment