Thursday, March 22, 2012

So Close and Yet so Far Away

I can't believe I have less than a month left of school.  This is my last month of school for most likely forever.  Thinking that we only have one month left of school seems so soon and yet I feel like it is so far away because I still have so many requirements to do (14 quads of a 3, 2 kids, 17 injections, and several PEs).  I have been working as hard as I can to kick in gear and get everything done as fast as I can. 

This morning I finished my board patient.  Finally!  Perry didn't feel anything in the quad that I cleaned for boards.  I almost jumped for joy when he said that.  However, I left a boulder sized piece of calculus on the quad I cleaned today.  It was on the distal of 2.  I seriously don't know how I missed it.  Perry had me sit at about 10 o'clock to get it off with my Gracey.  Sitting in that position and doing a finger assist with my Gracey was awesome!  I love learning knew things, using what I've learned, and then be effective with it. 

In the afternoon I thought my patient hadn't been to the dentist in 10 years.  Turns out it had only been 10 months since his last cleaning... bummer.  He ended up being a V, but he was really nice.  I was able to give him some really good OHI, which made me feel really good.  He was one of those patients who reminded me that I want to be a hygienist because I want to help people (during school I forget sometimes that I'm practicing to be a real hygienist.  It's just not about requirements). 

Good luck to everyone for finishing the last month!

2 comments:

  1. McCall that is sweet awesome about your board patient! I mean about Perry not finding anything on the quad you cleaned! Now we just get to sit back and relax until we get the results...yeah right, we still have quite a bit of stuff that we need to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your awesome McCall we need to get you and Julie some patients fast! Don't worry we're all worried about requirements, or at least I am

    ReplyDelete