Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mockboard #3

I am a student examiner this afternoon and am going crazy without having something to do (since all my boards are done I don't have to study like crazy), so I thought that it would be nice to be productive and blog.  Today was our third and final mockboard.  I unfortunately didn't pass because of calculus errors, but everything else was spot on.  Alexander showed me a few pointers to help me improve like: coming up higher on my fulcrum.  There was one spot that I was struggling with and she showed me how much easier it is to access an area and be successful when you come up higher on your fulcrum.  I can't wait to have a patient that I can practice it on so I can improve.  I have to be honest, I'm nervous about boards, but I think that as long as I focus on fixing the things that I do wrong I will be ok.  I also was reminded of the importance of having sharp instruments.  By the end of my appointment my instruments were quite dull.  I'm glad that I saved a set of instruments for boards!

No comments:

Post a Comment