Saturday, February 11, 2012

What a Week

During clinic on Thurday I had such a fun patient.  He wanted to know about everything and told me about everything.  He would say things like, "McCall, what's this?"  "McCall, this is my new CD player."  "McCall, do you want to listen to my CD?"  It was a good experience learning how to work with a patient who likes to talk.  We also would have to take periodic breaks for a couple minutes, which was a good lesson in patience.  It reminded me that people aren't the same and that as a hygienist I need to do whatever I can to make my patients comfortable.

Yesterday = found a board patient who is also going to be my mockboard!  Yes!  Thank you Sam for helping me.  I also practiced the PSA on my dad again since I failed it on Thursday.  I went more posterior like Pro. Alexander told me to do and everything worked perfectly!  I am now confident for LA clinicals.  A big thanks to my dad for being my patient.  :)

This week=studying like I've never studied before.  I was crazy enough (which I am now grateful for since it's all over) to take my board this weekend.  I have never studied so much in my whole life.  I felt good knowing that I could actually do it.  I took it this morning and feel so much lighter now that it's all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment