Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Week Long Summary

This is probably going to be a long blog... you've been warned.  So this week was/still is (today is the Give Kids a Smile Event and I am at the front desk doing data entry) a week full of clinic.  On Tuesday I saw 3 class V patients and was still done early.  I am amazed at how my skills have improved and I have gotten faster.  I think that having awesome teachers who really take the time to show me how to be a better hygienist have made all the difference in my skills improving.  I love how each teacher really has an area they focus on or a trick that they use all of the time that they share because then once I learn it I can use it and be better. 
On Thursday my whole day was full of 1Bs (not intentionally though).  I was able to pass off my caries risk assessment on my willing friend, which was nice.
Yesterday we did 2 sealant clinics.  One of the clinics was for James Madison Elementart and the other one was for Odessy Elementary.  Sam and I got to be in Radiology for the whole thing.  Being in charge of processing, cleaning up, and breaking down is a lot more work than it sounds.  By the time we were done I was exhausted, but it was a good experience.  I love being able to participate in these activities since we are getting to serve these kids.  Being a part of service activities reminds me that being a hygienist isn't just about working in private practice, it's about serving in the community too.

No comments:

Post a Comment