Thursday, January 26, 2012

Scrambling for Patient

Yesterday afternoon my afternoon pt for today canceled and then this morning my morning pt canceled.  I was able to get people in though for the morning and afternoon and was sort of impressed that I pulled it off.  I was able to help MeChel out this morning since she didn't have a pt and I called the wife of the man that I was seeing and she came in.  I love successful days when I get to help people.  I saw a V and 1B today, so I didn't really get a chance to perfect any new skills that require harder classifications of patients.  I did, however, practice my exploring on my easy patients since I had so much time.  I liked being able to practice exploring so that I will continue to be more efficient at it.  I realized that I tend to lay more flat when I explore the premolars for some reason, so from now on I know that is a spot that I need to be extra careful of when I'm exploring. 
Both my morning and afternoon patients were excellent patients, mostly because they were nice people who were really interested in their dental health and wanted answers about a lot of things.  I love people who are interested because then they are much more likely to do what you tell them.  Both patients asked me questions that required more than basic answers, which was nice for me to review cause and effect of different issues.
So, all in all, it turned out to be a great day!  (Except today is the last day that Dr. Hanson will be with us, which is sad.  We love you Dr. Hanson!)

No comments:

Post a Comment