Thursday, January 12, 2012

Don't Assume

So, I had a 1B in the afternoon and she was super healthy except for a couple teeth.  I thought that I had done a fabulous job and got done fairly quick (she had a lot of black stain that I had to get off), but no, I missed 5 or 6 areas.  That was a humbling/shameful moment since I missed so many areas on a 1B.  It was a good reminder that even 1Bs can have calculus and that I need to be on high alert for those tiny specks (and the big chunk down in her one 6 mm pocket). 

My morning patient was very concerned about the color of his teeth and he thought that his last hygienist didn't do a good job since his teeth didn't get whiter, so it was fun to get to explain that just cleaning the teeth don't make them whiter and that for stains inside the teeth need to be bleached out (using expensive in office tx or even trying something as simple as Crest Whitestrips). 

No comments:

Post a Comment