Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It's January and a New Year

I can't believe it's already January!  I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.  I know I did (well, I had a good time as long as I wasn't thinking about boards and studying at least).  So many things are happening this month: school starts; which means VA, Clinic, regular class, screenings, worrying about boards, studying, sealant clinics, and working on my group's research project.

For my first day back to school I got to go to the VA.  I'm actually at the VA right now, but I have time to blog since my afternoon patient didn't show up.  It's ok though since I had two patients in the morning.  I had a nice, easy morning, which I was grateful for since it was our first day back.  I saw two class 5 patients and happy that I had no errors.  I feel like whenever we have a break from school, even if it's a little one, I become more able to do the things that I need to do, like recognizing problem areas that the doctor needs to check and being able to detect calculus better.  I also am enjoying discussing things with patients more because I know more and feel like I am doing a good job of giving them the information and care they need and deserve.  I am really happy with how well today has gone.  Even  though I don't have a patient this afternoon I am still being productive by studying for local anesthesia. 

I hope everyone that had class stuff to do today has a great day and good luck studying!

No comments:

Post a Comment