Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Glad I remembered

So, I'm not an avid blogger (I prefer to scrapbook), so I'm really glad that I remembered that I needed to update my blog about clinic yesterday before going to clinic tomorrow.  Yesterday went by really fast - one minute it was 12:30 and when I looked at the clock again it was 4.  We practiced fulcruming yesterday and if I were to summarize fulcruming it would be stacking your fingers together and somehow managing to get them to stay that way while working in someone's mouth.  Pro. Costley made it look easy in the demonstration and I thought, "This is not as hard as I thought it would be."  Man, was I wrong.  My middle and ring fingers seemed liked they had opposing magnets on them because they would not stay together in certain clock positions.  I can tell that's definitely what I will be practicing this weekend (along with a bunch of PE's).  I have also decided that I thorougly enjoy being a pretend patient.  I could lay back in the chair all day - it's quite relaxing.  I was also very proud of myself for feeling confident about set up and take down finally.  I feel like it's coming naturally now instead of trying to pull from memory what I'm supposed to do next.  Well, we start probing tomorrow.  I hope I come home with my mouth still in one piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment