Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I Am Blue and White

So, today before clinic started our pod had a discussion on what "color" each of us are.  The girls in my pod told me they thought I was a mix of blue and white, which meant nothing to me because I didn't know what any of the colors meant.  Marianne told me that blue means that I am motivated to do things through friendship and that white means peaceful.  I decided that that sounds exactly like me, so I'm proud to be a blue/white person.  :)  Then Marianne said she was a red person, meaning she is motivated by power.  Ha ha.  I love starting clinic days with laughter. 
We got to get all of our instruments out, learn about, and sterilize them today.  It was so much fun!  Every day we're one step closer to having a real patient in our chair which is frightening and exciting at the same time.  I love how several of them are color coded.  The color coding will definitely help with learning the instruments.  In our pod we decided we're going to invent an instrument that will do the mesials on one side of the instrument and the distals on the other side instead of facial and lingual in honor of Instructor Hafen.  Then, once we've made a ton of money from our new instrument invention we will use the money to buy all of us loupes.  After sterilizing our instruments and having our set up race (our pod was so close to coming in first) we got to have a practice day.  It was awesome to be able to just practice and not go on to something new.  I feel more confident probing around in someone else's mouth now.  I hope we have more practice days like today.  I also think Kristie did an excellent job when practicing on me.  I liked watching her work on me in the mirror.  It helped me to learn better technique for myself.  Instructor Hafen showed us how we have to tip the explorer more when going into the col area, which helped both of us out a lot.  She gave us lots of good tips today that we were grateful for.

1 comment:

  1. Should we see if I am right? Take the quick, easy free version of the test and see what you think.

    http://www.colorcode.com/personality_test/

    And thank you for not mentioning my name as the one who made us lose at the race. :( You are kind.

    ReplyDelete