Monday, October 4, 2010

I Love Scaling!

I was not a big fan of probing, but I think the main reason why was because probing was the first time we ever entered an actual mouth and I was really nervous about it.  Then we moved on to exploring which I thought was fun and enjoyable, but today we scaled and I loved it.  I think that the more we are in each others' mouths the more comfortable I am sticking an instrument in there and "getting the job done."  Anterior teeth are also much easier to reach all of the areas of the tooth, so that made scaling even more enjoyable.  I like the feel of the instrument curving around the tooth and getting into the col area because you can pull on it and feel it cleaning away the gunk in between.  I managed to not make my patient bleed at all today.  I was quite proud of myself.  However, I do think I need to go in a little farther to get the col area a little better.  I also decided today that we, as dental hygiene students, are going to have the cleanest mouths ever since we practice on each other so often.  It's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment