Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Charting

We worked on charting today and I have to say that charting was kind of boring for Whitnee and me because we both don't really have anything to chart except lingual bars and sealants.  I can't wait to look at a bunch of girls' mouths so that I can learn what different fillings and sealants look like to get better at distinguishing between each of them.  When I go home I will have to inspect my families and friends mouths to get some experience with distinguishing between things.  Since we finished charting rather quick we were able to have more time to practice instrumenting.  I know I've said it before, but I have to say it again - I love scaling.  I feel so much more confident about scaling, especially because it is getting easier and easier for me to tell which side I need to use when I scale.  I am also getting better at finding and really using my fulcrum.  I also worked on getting into the interproximal areas better, which I was able to really do today.  It amazes me how I really can feel the tooth and what's on the tooth with my instrument.  I'm excited to start practicing with my other instruments as well that we haven't used yet.  I plan on practicing with my typodont this weekend though.  I have to finish my post by giving a huge thank you to Marilyn.  She was so nice to help me out with bagging my instruments and explaining the reasoning for why you bag certain instruments together or separate.  She even cleaned up my unit.  So thank you Marilyn! 

No comments:

Post a Comment