Wednesday, October 27, 2010

So Much Salt!

So, when we got into clinic today a little after 7:30 it was still dark outside.  Crazy! Today we got to use the air powder polisher and it was so much fun and yet, so messy.  It also has a very unpleasant taste.  I had no idea a dental instrument could make such a big mess.  The air powder polisher shoots out the sodium bicarbonate onto the tooth and then it shoots out everywhere.  Our glasses were covered by the time we got done.  We wore very stylish hair nets to protect as much of our bodies as we could.  Ha ha.  By the time we were done my face was plastered in it.  Then, when it was my turn to be the operator Karlie couldn't stop laughing when I was using the air powder polisher on her.  It was so funny!  I love working with Karlie.  She is always so happy, positive, and helpful.  We also got to rubber cup polish today.  I liked doing that more than air powder polishing.  It felt good to have toothpaste being polished over my teeth and then rinsed off.  I am excited to get to practice rubber cup polishing some more.  It was hard to always stay around 10 rpms, but I would have my streaks when I could do a few teeth at a time without stopping or going to fast.  It was so much fun when I was able to do a few teeth at a time.  However, one of the cool things about the air powder polisher is how it gets off stains.  I was able to get a couple stains off of Karlie's teeth today, which was cool and quite rewarding to see it disappear.  Today went by really fast, actually almost every day is going by too fast now.

No comments:

Post a Comment