Wednesday, November 3, 2010

November

I can't believe it's already November.  Some days I feel like school just started.  Well, today's blog is going to be a longer one because I didn't blog on Monday.  On Monday we got to do sealants on each other.  I thought it was a lot of fun.  Sam and I were partners.  She did 3 sealants on me.  She did an excellent job too (except we need to get the sealant out of my interproximal area because I can't floss.  Ha ha). I only did one on her, but it went pretty well.  I am so impressed with all of the dental technology.  I think it is so neat that someone figured out how to make a material that can stick to the tooth to prevent the tooth from getting cavities.  I also think the whole process of etching and placing the sealant is neat too. 
Today Sam and I were partners again.  We passed off the air powder polishing and flouride PEs.  Sam and I looked fabulous in our air powder polishing attire (hair nets).  Marianne made sure to get a picture of just my hair in the net because with my pony tail put up in it it looks like a snake.  I felt really good about air powder polishing, especially because I was "given" the opportunity to practice on Monday.  I really like the varnish because it stays on the tooth, but I don't like the way it feels all gunky on my teeth.  Sam gave me the foam fluoride that I haven't had for several years and I realized that I really missed it.  However, it's probably not as effective as the varnish. 
In Radiology today we got to take bitewings on each other.  I had a blast!  Taking x-rays on a real person was so much better than doing them on Dexter.  I have to say that I am very proud of the x-rays I took.  :)  It made my day!  My x-rays are killer, as Instructor Allen would say.  I also love the x-rays that were taken of me.  Seeing my own x-rays now actually means something to me too.  I love dental hygiene.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment