Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 2 of Being Operator

Can I just say that I have loved being the operator.  I'm kind of sad that I don't get to be the operator again next week, even though it will be very relaxing to lay back in the chair for a few hours.  The first objective today was to pass off my Sealant PE, which went very well.  I did leave a little void in the sealant that I did get to fix though.  I think it is so neat that we are able to practice everything we learn on each other so we get a real feel for what to do on "real" patients.  After passing off my Sealant PE I did my HHx, HHx/Rx, and then I got to start scaling (but if Stefanie was a "real" patient I would have done OHI to see if she had improved since the last time I saw her).  I scaled her whole mouth today and it was awesome!  I got to get out the ultrasonic and see what that was like too.  I also loved doing that.  I really enjoy doing instrumentation.  It's very satisfying to be able to know that I am helping someone have better oral care by what I am doing.  :)  After scaling and having my two scale checks I rubber cup polished her teeth with toothpaste, since Stefanie didn't have any stains, and I put some varnish on her.  Today went by really fast I thought.  Stefanie was such a nice patient that she cleaned up my op for me while I wrote in her chart. 

Radiology today was a lot of fun too.  We always have such a good time together.  We learned how to do panos and duplicate film today, which was cool.  We even took a real pano on Kristie.  We even had a diet lesson from Marianne, which I thought was very good advice.  She said that you do not associate foods with being bad or good foods, food is just food or else you go crazy about what you eat.  I love all the girls in my group.  They are all so much fun to be around.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment