Thursday, November 25, 2010

My First Real Patient... My Husband :)

Launce came in on Monday to be my first real patient.  I was quite nervous until I walked out into the waiting room to get him and he had a big smile on his face.  He also was quick to point out how nervous I seemed and that I didn't need to be nervous.  He made me feel a lot better and I was grateful for it.  We got to take x-rays first (after doing HHx and HHx Rx of course).  I feel the most comfortable with conventional film so that's what I used.  I also feel like it has the best picture quality too.  I was pretty proud of the x-rays I did.  It was fun to be able to show him his x-rays and show him everything that I could see.  He thought it was pretty cool too.  Then we started getting to work.  I decided that I really enjoy doing OHI.  I loved being able to show him the areas that he needs to work on a little bit better and how to properly brush and why you are supposed to do this or that.  Knowing that my instructions get to help others be more healthy makes me feel so good.  However, my husband gets OH instructions at least a couple times a week because of things that I learn in class so today was just another chance to reinforce what I talk to him about at home.  Ha ha.  I really am so glad Launce could come and I hope he knows how much I appreciated him coming.  So, Launce if you read this post I just want to tell you thank you and I love you!  :) 
    I thought that my real patient day went well.  It gave me a chance to know how to fit x-ray in with everything and how it will be having so many people working in the clinic at once.  I am excited to start seeing more patients and to hopefully start improving my speed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment