Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Deja Vu

Wow, I can't believe we're already back in school.  Christmas break felt like an extended weekend almost, but it is good to be back.  I have to be honest I was pretty nervous about seeing a patient today, even though it was my wonderful dad, since we had been gone for a month.  However, the appointment went a lot smoother than I thought it would.  I was also less stressed than I thought I would be (I would like to think I was less stressed because I went over everything I would be doing for forever last night.)  One goal that I have made for myself is to become better at getting the correct angle everytime and faster at probing.  I was actually quite pleased with how well probing went today.  I was within 1 mm of Instructor Caldwell's measurements and was really excited about that.  Stephanie helped me make sure I did my angles correctly as well, which made me feel good.  After I disclosed my dad's mouth during OHI I had him spit into the suction and he couldn't stop laughing.  He said that it looked so funny to him since he could see himself spitting in the mirror.  Then I couldn't help but laugh too.  He was such a good patient.  :)  I am feeling a lot more confident about seeing people that I don't know now.  I was very impressed with those who had people that they didn't know in their chairs today.  So, overall today was a good day and I'm excited to keep working on people!

1 comment:

  1. I loved that your Dad was cracking up in the chair. I was laughing too.

    ReplyDelete