Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Retakes...

Today went well over all except I had to do retakes on a few of my x-rays.  My patient had a couple molars that were malposed that I couldn't get open until Instructor Hafen showed me her floss trick.  For those of you who would like to use the floss trick here is what you do, while your patient is in the chair and you are checking out their mouth you stick a piece of floss in between the malposed teeth and then remember the angle that the floss was at so you can align the tubehead to go the direction that the floss stuck out.  I hope that made sense and if it didn't then feel free to come talk to me and I will work to better explain it in person.  I was really hoping today that I would be able to at least scale one quad, but the malposed teeth set me back a little.  I am hoping that as long as my patient next Wednesday (not Monday since it's Martin Luther King day and we don't have school- Yay!) is a 1B that I will be able to get to one quad of scaling on her.  I will be working on organizing myself and mentally preparing myself to be able to achieve my goal for the rest of the week.  I have to say that I am amazed at all of the tricks that the instructors have learned since they have worked in private practice.  I really enjoy learning these tricks so I can use them and be able to give the patient the best care that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment