Saturday, January 22, 2011

Pt No Show... Mom Saved the Day

So, on Wednesday around 8:10 Marianne and I went out to the waiting area to call our patients because they had not shown up yet.  I had called my patient the night before and she told me she was planning on coming and she actually sounded pretty excited about coming, so I figured she would be there.  Unfortunately my call in the morning only went to her voice mail, so I left her a friendly message asking if she was still planning on coming and if she couldn't make it we could reschedule her.  She didn't call back, so I decided that I had better find someone and get them into my chair.  (Since the start of the semester I have dreaded people not showing up because I thought I would be a complete wreck if that happened, but somehow I was able to remain calm.)  Stephanie was extra nice at trying to help me find someone from the resource list, but after calling several people I figured I was wasting too much time, so I called my mom and asked if she would come in for me and she said yes.  My mom immediately left her house and saved the day for me.  She got to the clinic and was in my chair by 9:10.  I somehow managed to get all the way through OHI still.  I was really excited about that!  :)  I really love and appreciate my mom for coming in.  She was the hero of the day.  Since I was able to get all the way through OHI even though I got started an hour late I decided that one day I really will be able to finish a patient in one appointment.  I can't wait for that day to come!  I'm not sure if you can count this as a goal or not, but my goal for Monday is making sure my patient really grasps the importance of actually showing up or at least being kind enough to call and give me a heads up that he can't come, so I can find someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment