Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Well...

So, today did not go as smoothly as Monday unfortunately, which was frustrating for me.  I was only able to get one quad done today and this was my pt's second visit.  I had a hard time getting the calculus off.  The other time that I have scaled the calculus was easy to get to and popped right off.  Today that was not the case.  I felt frustrated that I was having such a hard time even though I know I am still learning the tricks of the trade and I haven't built up my hand muscles enough yet.  I also did not do as well on my PE as I would have liked.  Ok, let's be honest I failed my PE and have to redo it.  I failed 2 PE's last semester and both times I really did feel like a failure.  I thought that might change this semester, but I still felt like a failure today (feeling like a failure doesn't inspire much confidence in myself).  After this failed experience I am setting a new goal: before I decide to pass off a PE I will for sure make sure to check with an instructor to see if I am doing everything correctly and if I am not doing something correctly I will learn what I need to do to fix what I'm doing wrong.  Instructor Hemsley really did help me out after my pt left and helped teach me what I needed to do correctly.  She gave me a good tip and I really appreciated it.  I plan on practicing on my typodont this weeked.  Wow, with that off of my chest and out in the open for everyone to read I feel a whole lot better.  Maybe blogging isn't so bad.  Actually, it is kind of theraputic. Well, I had better get to studying for my other 2 tests this weekend.  Until Monday blogging friends.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you felt bad on Wednesday McCall. At least you attempted an in the mouth PE, that is more than I can say for myself. Not doing as well as you'd like is hard to deal with. I feel that way about Costley's test today. It just takes a few hours to pick yourself up. Part of the ups and downs of the program I guess. Have a good weekend! See you Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those days. On my first class 2 pt, I was able to get 4 spots total... which was a success. On my second pt, it was harder... I got 14 spots... and I have to resch again to finish him up. I was discouraged. Don't let it affect your week. We all make lots of errors, but that is how we improve.

    ReplyDelete