Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Not Bad for a Wednesday

Most Wednesdays do not go well for me, whether it's because I woke up 3 times in the middle of the night afraid I was going to be late, having nightmares about me being late (actually just nightmares about dental hygiene stuff in general), or the fact that I am so tired and slow in Clinic because I got up so early.  However, today went pretty good.  I was pleased with what I was able to do.  My patient was such a nice person, making today much more enjoyable.  I had everything I needed where it needed to be and ready to go, which helped me be more efficient today.  I hope I can keep that up.  My patient needed to have some topical anesthetic in order for me to probe and I used a plastic probe to try to keep my patient as comfortable as possible.  Having a patient need some anesthetic was a new experience for me.  I also tried to be super careful with my probe. 
Goals: I am still having a hard time seeing when I'm probing those darn back teeth, so I think a new goal for me to work on is learning how to get the best vision I can when probing those back teeth.  I am getting better with looking in my mirror, but not where I would like to be so that is something that I want to work on as well.  So my patient next Wednesday better look out because I plan on practicing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment