Thursday, February 10, 2011

I Must Remember to Blog

Blogging seems to take the back burner all of the time and then I forget to do it.  Almost every day after Clinic I have to write blog on my palm pilot (the back of my hand) so that I remember to actually blog.  In fact, I only remembered to blog today because I just noticed the word blog on the back of my hand.  I am starting to like blogging more because I will be able to have all of these wonderful, and some days not so wonderful memories all typed up for myself to reflect and enjoy. 

Now for what you really want to hear about... my patient yesterday and my experiences with it.  My patient came in with his wife yesterday (who Kristie treated).  Kristie was actually the one to line things up with this couple, which I was very grateful for.  My patient was such a nice man and I really enjoyed working on him and talking with him.  Kristie had explained to them over the phone that they were more than likely going to need to come in for 2 appointments and they said that was fine.  I got done with one quad today and will be finishing my patient up at his next appointment.  Yesterday was such a good day.  I passed off a PE, had a good patient experience, and did I mention that I didn't have any spots to go back and redo?!  Oh, yesterday was also such a great day because Instructor Allen (that sounds too formal since we all called her Jeanie in Radiology) was there and she was in my pod!  I miss seeing her and having her be one of our instructors.  It was such a fun day with her there.  I got to use my orange ultrasonic tip yesterday on my patient.  I have decided that I really like it, especially the swivel tip.  I felt like I had a good sequence for cleaning yesterday too.  My last happy moment of the day is when Jeanie was talking to me after my patient left and she told me that I had good patient skills.  I felt so good after talking to her.  :)

My goal for last time was to explain to my patients and make sure they totally understand that I will most likely not finish them in one appointment, but Kristie kind of made sure that they already knew that so I can't take credit for accomplishing my goal quite yet and my patients for the next few weeks are returning patients, so hopefully at the end of February I will be able to accomplish my goal. 

My new goal is to continue to work on my cleaning sequencing so that I can get a familiar routine down to be as efficient and effective as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment