Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Early Out

Early out for my patient, not for me unfortunately.  My patient had to leave at 9:15 today.  I got through an OD and probably could have gotten through OHI if we hadn't chatted so much.  Ha ha.  I think that the only problem with having friends come in is that we love to talk.  My patient was super cooperative and fun to work on.  My goal is to finish her up when she comes back in a couple weeks.  My patient's gums were pretty sensitive in her maxillary arch.  I asked my patient how often she flossed and she said maybe 1 time a week.  I encouraged her to start trying to floss 4 times a week (or if she really wants to achieve a great goal floss every day) until I see her again to see if the flossing helps her gums feel any better.  I really hope my patient achieves her goal so that we can both be excited about her gums feeling better.  :)  It really is so rewarding to watch patients take charge and want to improve their oral health, which improves their total body health.  I would really like to get a 1B in my chair and see if I could do them in one appointment (in all honesty I am probably going to need a very easy 1B to do this).  I think I will jump for joy the day I do one patient in one appointment.  Since my patient left early I for sure got my chart in on time.  Ha ha.  It's also nice knowing that I am all cleaned up and ready to go, so now I can help others when they get done to return the many clean up favors done for me.  I am even getting my blogging done before going home.  Wahoo!  I am now just waiting for Stephanie so that I can pass off my instrument sharpening PE.  Wish me luck!

Goal for next time: Be organized in my steps and finish my patient.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing my instruments and cleaning my unit McCall. You are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all looking for the day when we can complete an eniter 1B in one appt. Some people are gifted to do so.

    ReplyDelete