Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I Finished My Patient!

My patient yesterday was a returning patient from a few weeks ago.  My patient was half Class II and half Class V and I scaled one quad at the last appointment.  I was able to take my first (and only) PA on my patient yesterady and I finished scaling the other three quads.  I felt so good being able to finish her and to have done it all on time.  I really like using the ultrasonic to start and then going back and fine scaling after.  I really enjoyed having my patient leave, knowing I did all that I could to help her have a clean mouth (including OHI), and seeing how pleased she was with the work that I had done.  When she left her appointment she thanked me, which made me feel great.  I feel like I had such good success today because I had everything arranged and set up that I thought that I might use.  I also reviewed my patient's chart before my patient came in to help me know what I would need to do to best help my patient (things like reviewing where her restorations were so I did not ultrasonic them).  The more I work on people the more confident I feel and the more determined I get to do a better job than I did the time before.  I am excited to keep getting to see new people and figure out the best treatment options for my future patients.

Goal: Continue to have anything I could possibly need out and ready to use.

P.S. - I think that the majority of everyone got done on time today because we got out pretty early.  It was awesome!  (I'm pretty sure we finished pod wrap between 4:10 and 4:15).

No comments:

Post a Comment