Monday, November 15, 2010

Rest and Relaxation

Today I really did get some nice R and R while in clinic today since I was the patient.  I seriously thought I was going to fall asleep a couple times while I was in the chair.  I really liked having the opportunity to be the patient (not only because I got to relax and not worry about what was going on), but because I was able to experience what our patients will be experiencing.  I also liked being able to review what I need to do as Stefanie was doing my whole treatment.  I know that the more times I get to review information the better cemented it gets in my head.  I really thought Stefanie did a good job at explaining everything she was doing so that as a patient I would not be afraid or wonder what was going on.  I also liked seeing how the Stefanie and Pro. Costley talked to each other and worked together as a team from a patient's perspective.  It reminded me of how we always need to be professional in what we say, in what we do, and how we act.  I'm excited to finish out my patient experience on Wednesday.  (I'm even more excited for Monday when we have "real" patient day since Launce, my husband, is going to be my patient!)

No comments:

Post a Comment