Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Being Operator All Day Rocks!

I had the opportunity to be the operator all day in clinic today and I thought it was fabulous.  I was able to put everything together that we have learned and do it like a real patient was coming in for treatment.  I got to go through the health history, take blood pressure, pulse, respirations, do the extra and intra oral exams, probe, disclose - it really was fabulous.  Oh, and how could I forget that I got to practice scaling.  I love scaling.  I enjoyed getting the whole day to work without feeling rushed.  I was surprised at how easy everything came to me too.  Stefanie was such a good patient too.  She was very helpful in making sure I did everything correctly and in the right order.  Disclosing is always fun since you can visually see where the biofilm is.  Marianne, in the name of science, went from Wednesday to clinic on Monday without brushing so that we could see what her mouth looked like after she disclosed.  She had a PFI of 0.  Ha ha.  I also liked being able to practice brushing someone else's teeth again so that I can continue to practice putting the right amount of pressure on the brush.  I have realized that I do need to work on my NWP (neutral working position) more though because there are a couple spots in my back that are sore, so apparently I was not sitting correctly.  I plan on really working on that as we practice on each other more.  Well, it's 10:13 and I'm quite tired, so goodnight!  (And I will see everyone bright and early at 8 in the morning!)

No comments:

Post a Comment