Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Practice Being a Patient

I got to be the patient today while Stefanie was the operator.  I really do learn a lot from watching someone else work on me in the mirror.  I can see the angles that we are taught to make and am able to visually see what I am supposed to do and then correct and perfect what I am doing.  I also was able to see spots in my mouth that I need to continue to work on with brushing to get all of the biofilm off of.  However, I am pleased to say that my PFI or plaque free index score was much higher than it was last time we disclosed.  My goal is to continue to raise it up higher.  I wonder if it's possible to get a perfect 100% PFI.  Maybe I will try to do it, which means brushing meticulouly for a real 10 minutes.  While I was the patient today I almost dozed off when Instructor Hafen was discussing PE's with Stefanie until she woke me up.  Ha ha.  I got to pass off my universal instrumentation today and my eaglesoft PE.  Deciding which end of the instrument to use comes almost totally naturally now, which astounds me because when we first learned it I did not understand it at all.  I can't believe how much we have learned and how it continues to build, but also continues to make sense.  I also have to say that in Radiology today I took some pretty good x-rays.  I was quite proud of myself.  :)  Taking x-rays on a little kid was something new for me and crazy how one film will do their whole mouth for a bitewing.  I was happy how most of my bisecting went today too, except for number 11.  We fought with 11 on Dex. 3 today for a while and Dex 3 ended up winning, but other than that x-rays were great.  I enjoyed doing our test too because I like seeing everything that there is to see in an x-ray.  Basically I really enjoyed today.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment