Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Head Positioning

Today we worked on learning the different positions that we work in and the different ways to have to patient tilt their head in order for us to stay in the neutral working posture.  I found the book helpful, but it was hard to imagine where and how I should be sitting, but once I got into the clinic and could actually practice it felt almost second nature.  Megan gave us some very funny, helpful hints at where the patients head should be in relation to our body and what areas we are cleaning.  After she told us her hints I don't think I will be forgetting anytime soon.  Ha ha.  We used our mirrors and probes for the first time today as well.  I took my first x-rays in Radiology today too.  I was pretty proud of myself because they turned out pretty good.  I decided that taking x-rays is a lot of fun and I can't wait to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment