Thursday, October 27, 2011

3 Patients!

I saw 3 patients while at the VA today and loved it!  I was so busy, which was so nice.  Two of my patients were class V's and the other one was a class II.  After seeing those three patients I went up and above my II/V requirements, which is a big relief.  I hope Dr. Hanson reads this blog post because I thought of two things that we really worked on together on Tuesday and I employed them today.  I "repelled" off the backs of the last molars when exploring to make sure I didn't leave any calculus on any of my three patients.  I also used the V of the hand grasp to work on the anterior teeth.  I love the V of the hand grasp.  It was so much easier to me to access the area I was working on and I was more effective when using a working stroke.  I love using new tricks I have learned.  I also love when I can use a trick and see it work because then I will remember that it worked and then use it again.  I also only left two pieces of calculus between my three patients, which I consider a success.  (Of the two pieces I missed I knew one of them was there, but couldn't get it and just needed some help.)  So, after having such hard patients it was nice to have a little confidence boost day.  I plan on continuing to use my new tricks and keep getting better and better.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Very inspirational! :) That's a good thing to remember I'll have to get Dr. Hanson to show me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on seeing 3 patients! I bet you were wore out. Cute costume today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW WAY TO GO THAT IS TOUGH AND TIRING SEEING THAT MANY PATIENTS SO GOOD JOB. I LOVE THE V OF THE HAND GRASP ALSO IT WORKS SO WELL ON THOSE ANTERIOR. ILL HAVE TO TRY THE OTHER ONE I LOVE HAVING HANSON SE IS AWESOME AND HELPS ME SO MUCH. WAY TO GO HANSON!!!

    ReplyDelete