Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Wonderful Parents

So on Monday my mom came in and I finished her up and on Wednesday my dad came in and I finished him up, along with doing 3 PE's.  I really don't remember if my Monday patient canceled or I just couldn't find someone, but I'm so glad that my mom was so willing to come in.  She is not a big fan of the dentist, but she was a great patient for me.  Everything went pretty smoothily too (except for waiting 25 minutes for my final scale check).  On Wednesday I cleaned 3 quads on my dad (I did the first quad at the end of January I believe) and I was so glad he was able to come in.  My patient canceled on me on Tuesday afternoon and after calling to find someone and having no success I called my dad and he came in for me.  He asked me if I was going to pass off any pe's on him and I told him I wanted to do at least 3.  He said, "Good.  Pass off as many as you can on me so you can get them done."  I love my dad, can you see why?  My parents are very encouraging and so willing to help me and I appreciate it so much.  Now you may be wondering, what pe's I passed off.  Well, let me tell you - I passed off my blood glucose, air powder polisher, and diagnodent pe's.  I chose to do those because #1 I needed to get them done and #2 I think those would be the hardest ones to convince some random patient to do if they didn't need it done.  I honestly would like to pass off pe's on patients who really need it, but who knows if I would get a patient in my chair that would need one of those three by the end of the semester. 

I can't believe I forgot to mention... my loupes came!  I love them, but I am having to adjust to using them.  I wore them for 20-30 minutes on Monday and Wednesday to start breaking them in.  I love being able to see those dang molars now.  I also feel really good about using my explorer to feel things.  I have been working really hard at feeling with my explorer and using my air to find and remove all of the calculus.  Practice is working it's way towards perfect.  :)

I was also CA Wednesday afternoon, which went really well I thought.  We several big things happen - unit 15 began leaking water, which Mr. Solomon cleaned up and as soon as he was done cleaning that up I walked into put instruments away and the autoclave was open and the fill switch was on and water was leaking out of that, so I turned it off and Mr. Solomon cleaned that up.  Then we had to move some of the storage stuff because of the leak in the ceiling.  I also got to help a lot of the girls with probing today.  It was nice being busy.

Congratulations to those who stuck it out to the end to read my blog.  It was a long one today.

1 comment: