Friday, November 11, 2011

Another Day at the VA

Yesterday was my VA day.  As usual I saw 2 class V patients.  I almost had 3 class V patients, but thankfully Sarah was kind enough to do the extra one because I was not feeling well (I have a cold and am really tired).  One of my patients had had a gum graft on his lower left and needed one on the right side.  Bossenberger asked him if he would consider having a gum graft on his lower right and his reply was, "only if I start drinking some whiskey."  He was such a fun patient to work with.  Sometimes I am reminded by patients like him that whatever the hygienist and/or dentist say does not mean the plan will happen.  I always feel like if a hygienist or dentist makes a suggestion it should be done because we know the benefits of whatever we are suggesting, but unfortunately patients may not have the same view we do.  So, all we can do is give them the info and let them make the choice. 

Lunch this afternoon was wonderful.  Sarah had this awsome coupon deal for Biaggi's, so we had a big salad, tons of pasta, bread, and pizza for lunch.  It was a lunch to remember.  I'm not sure if any of us said more than a few sentences until after we were done eating because we were so hungry and the food was so good!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment