Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Last Clinic Day

I can't believe that yesterday was already our last clinic day for the semester.  It feels unreal.  Thankfully I had a great day for our last day.  I saw a 1B in the morning who needed a FMX (yes!).  That was the first FMX I have ever done in clinic.  I now am not panicked about PA's.  I only had to redo 2 of my x-rays too.  I think that it is so much fun to watch myself progress.  I remember being scared taking x-rays last year, but now I think it is a lot of fun and I enjoy learning new tricks and improving my own technique.  I have come to really like the Snap-A-Ray to do posterior PA's.  I definitely use the ORA for the anterior PA's.  I also scaled my patient in 20 minutes!  In the afternoon I finished a patient that has generalized moderate perio (I just used my "Patient First Language" skills there).  I got to do 4 injections.  I read through Malamed on Monday night to prepare myself for injections yesterday and it really helped.  Kayla was also kind enough to let me practice on her with a q-tip.  So, I plan on reviewing injections as much as I can so that I can give the best injections possible.

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome that you got to do a full mouth and injections AND scale in 20 mins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome getting a FMX done! Good job on everything McCall. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, good job McCAll. that is awesome you got that all done in one appointment!!!

    ReplyDelete